Dreams are a window into the subconscious. We cannot wonder our world without dreams. Dreams play a vital role in our success and are helpful in building a future. We people imagines our world in dreams and almost everyone gets motivated and tries hard to make that dream come true for them in real life. Our mind is responsible for many complex creations, but it can’t invent the image of people. In our dreams sometimes, we come across some strange face that we think we have never seen or have once seen in our life. In morning, when we wake up very few dreams is that we remember and maximum are those we forget. In this article, we will be talking about the weird facts about dreams.
1. We don’t remember 90 % of dreams.
2. Human beings spend roughly around 6 years of their lifetime dreaming.
3. Men and Women dream differently.
4. Blind people also dream.
5. The face that we see in our dream we think they are strangers but the fact is that we know them.
6. Anxiety is a most common emotion that we experience in our dreams.
7. A human can have four to seven dreams in one night.
8. Egyptians were the first to create a dream dictionary in 4000 B.C.E, thousand years back.
9. For people who snore it gets impossible to dream.
10. Babies don’t dream until they reach the age of 3.
11. Strange but animals also dream.
12. You are paralyzed during your dreams.
13. Dogs sleep 10 to 13 hours a day.
14. If you will not sleep for 10 days, you will die.
15. You can control your dreams.
16. Men tend to dream about men more than women, and women dream about people of both genders.
17. Kids get more nightmares than of adults.
18. Strange but fact is that 100 000 drivers a year crash going in and out of sleep in their cars.
19. You can lucid dream for up to 30 minutes if trained properly.
20. People who quit alcohol and smoking experience heavier dreams and nightmares.
21. Human body burns more calories sleeping than it does in the daytime.
22. Men get erections in their REM (rapid-eye-movement) sleep and women have an increased blood flow to their vaginas.
23. Men get up to 20 erections per dream.
24. Human brain is more active during sleep than during the day.
25. Not everyone dreams in color. 12% of people dream in black and white.
26. If your house is colder, chances are that you get worse dreams.
27. A giraffe sleeps only for 2 hours a day.
28. Cat sleeps for 10 to 13 hours a day.
29. Dreams come with duration. You dream for up to 45 minutes the closer you are to waking.
30. The word “Nightmare” was used a long time ago for a female spirit who besets people at night while sleeping.
Human can never stop dreaming and that also is not in our hands. These 30 weird facts about dreams tell us that every dream means something to everyone. So, keep on dreaming and make your nights colorful.