There are times when we desperately search for someone who can guide us through steps involved in knotting a tie. Tying a tie is not a rocket science. All it takes are a few minutes of your time to practice learning it. There are a number of ways and style in which one can knot a tie. Four-in-Hand Tie is one of them. Rather, it’s one of the most common knot. Well, you don’t need to wait for someone to come and personally assist you. It’s a small tie knot that works well with shirts with a narrow collar opening.
The four-in-hand knot is the most common type and it’s easy to learn. Take a look at these steps showing you how to tie a four-in-hand Knot.
- Start with the wide end on your right. Extend it about 12” below the other end of your necktie.
- Cross the wide end over the narrow end.
- Bring the wide end back underneath the narrow end.
- Repeat the process by bringing the wide end back over in front of the narrow end.
- Bring the wide end down and pass the loop in front. Ensure that the knot is tightened.
- Hold the front of your knot loosely with your index finger and bring the wide end down through the front loop.
- In the end, release your fingers and tighten the knot carefully to the collar by holding the narrow end and sliding the knot up.
That’s all. Did it sound like a complex process to you? Well, it might appear to be so, but all you need to do is to keep practicing. You’ll soon master it.